Aug 3, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
Among the long, dismal list of things you do not want attached to your players, implication with match-fixing allegations must be right up near the top.
Aug 3, 2012, 4:10 PM EDT
I keep hearing how Tim Cahill isn’t a “big name.” And then I keep saying, “So what?”
Aug 3, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
The New York Red Bulls, still weakened by injury, meet Houston down in Texas in tonight’s NBC Sports Network clash:
Aug 3, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT
Video of the Spanish giants as they work their way through a 5-1 win over the Galaxy in a Wednesday friendly in Southern California:
Aug 3, 2012, 12:38 PM EDT
The Special One himself wonders how David Beckham could be left off Team Great Britain’s roster:
Aug 3, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
Like most strikers, San Jose goal grabber Chris Wondolowski is streaky. But unlike so many of them, the cold stretches don’t tend to slog along so interminably:
Aug 3, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
The rangy Clark makes Houston a better club, never mind a two and a half years in Europe that just never worked out like he wanted:
Aug 3, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
A couple of notes from last night’s match in Seattle, where the Sounders opened their Champions League bid with a comfortable 3-1 win over Caledonia AIA from Trinidad and Tobago:
Aug 3, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer:
Aug 3, 2012, 12:42 AM EDT
CARSON, Calif. – A record crowd saw Spain’s champions cruise past LA Galaxy in Real Madrid’s first match of their preseason.
Aug 2, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
The USWNT will try to extend its stay in the U.K. when it meets a cagey New Zealand side in the Olympic quarterfinals.
Aug 2, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
The best game no one’s talking about… except us.
Aug 2, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
And a case why LD leaving would extend his career.
Aug 2, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
The talent of the Irish?
Aug 2, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
Our weekly soccer Panic Quotient (®) takes the temperature of stress and distress in the streets of Major League Soccer, and since I’ve kicked Steve off this beat for a week, we’re making this a Southern California inspired PQ.
Aug 2, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
Assemblyman Francisco Moya and Councilwoman Karen Koslowitz take to the Daily News.
Aug 2, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
Let him go. Let him go. Let him go.
Aug 2, 2012, 11:55 AM EDT
Check out this one from Sporting Kansas City’s draw with Stoke City last night in the heartland:
Aug 2, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
Who can explain Toronto FC’s magic charms in CONCACAF Champions League?:
Aug 2, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
“Another soccer league to follow? Uh … I’m pretty, uh, full up. But let me see … well … OK! I’m in!”
More Top Posts
- England’s top four: Games that matter in the English Premier League’s last round 0
- Jamie Carragher set to close out his 16-year career at Anfield 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Washington Spirit at Portland Thorns FC 1
- Something in common for Jurgen Klinsmann, Alex Ferguson 1
- Brek Shea in trouble? After crazy Stoke City prank goes wrong 7
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago