Apr 18, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Orlando has announced that the city has spent $8.2 million on land to give to Orlando City Soccer Club to build a new soccer stadium.
Apr 18, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Among the physical, tenacious battle between West Ham and Manchester United on Wednesday, one player played the game at his own pace, controlling the midfield and oozing class: Michael Carrick. The 31-year-old, who is enjoying the finest season of his career at Old Trafford, is a huge talking point in England at the moment. Some…
Apr 18, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT
The Red Bulls commanding center back has missed 23 MLS starts over the last two years:
Apr 18, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Liverpool face Chelsea at Anfield on Sunday, in what has been one of the most entertaining, controversial fixtures over the last decade. Here are five of the most memorable Liverpool vs Chelsea matches at Anfield in recent times:- LIVERPOOL 1-0 CHELSEA- 2005 (Champions League) Many believe this was the loudest atmosphere Anfield had ever witnessed,…
Apr 18, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
ProSoccerTalk’s periodic Panic Quotient (®) takes the temperature of stress and distress in the streets of Major League Soccer and along the boulevards of the global game.
Apr 18, 2013, 1:10 PM EDT
Sporting Lisbon have told Arsenal that they will have to pay somewhere in the region of $20 million for the services of their goalkeeper Rui Patricio, according to The Express. One of Arsenal’s weakest areas this season has been in goal, with Wojciech Szczesny and Lukasz Fabianski both failing to convince Arsene Wenger that they…
Apr 18, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
At 519 minutes, Sporting Kansas City has constructed the 7th longest defensive scoreless streak in MLS history. Which streaks are still ahead of them?
Apr 18, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Chelsea registered a crucial 3-0 win over Fulham on Wednesday, in their quest for Champions League football next season. Rather than Demba Ba, Fernando Torres or Juan Mata making the headlines for their offensive exploits, it was captain John Terry who was the unlikely goalscoring hero on the night. The 32-year-old Chelsea legend has made…
Apr 18, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
Manchester City assistant coach Brian Kidd has heaped praise on coach Roberto Mancini, say he’s done magnificent job in charge of the club. Mancini took the City job in late 2009 after taking over from Mark Hughes, and in his three and a half years at the club he has delivered the FA Cup in…
Apr 18, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
Looking at the records – and looking at the video from last night’s contest:
Apr 18, 2013, 8:26 AM EDT
West Ham coach Sam Allardyce was very unhappy with the officials in his side’s 2-2 draw with Manchester United on Wednesday, after Robin Van Persie’s equalizer was not given as offside. The Hammers were on their way to registering a famous victory against the soon-to-be champions only for Van Persie, standing in an offside position,…
Apr 18, 2013, 7:44 AM EDT
Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao, one of the hottest properties in world soccer at the moment, has cooled talk of him moving to Manchester United at the end of the season. The 27-year-old Colombian international has been linked with many of Europe’s top clubs of late, with his goalscoring exploits gaining worldwide attention. United are…
Apr 18, 2013, 7:09 AM EDT
The battle for a place in the Premier League top four is sure to take another twist this weekend, with Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham all facing tricky games. Everton’s draw at The Emirates on Tuesday has probably ended their hopes of Champions League qualification, turning it into a three-way battle for third and fourth place.…
Apr 18, 2013, 6:09 AM EDT
When Manchester United signed Shinji Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund last summer, great things were expected of the Japanese star. The 24-year-old had won the Bundesliga Player of the Year for the 2011/12 season, and he was arguably the star player in a Dortmund side that is showing everyone how good it is in the Champions…
Apr 18, 2013, 5:21 AM EDT
When Rafa Benitez takes his Chelsea side to Anfield on Sunday, he will actually get a better reception from the Liverpool fans than his own. Benitez’s lack of popularity at Stamford Bridge stems from his Liverpool days, and while he has slowly won the Chelsea fans over after a decent run of form, there is…
Apr 18, 2013, 12:49 AM EDT
Two ridiculous acts. One red card.
Apr 17, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
Aurelien Collin was the star in Harrison, containing Thierry Henry while scoring the match’s only goal.
Highlights and context: Another mid-week game, another offside goal as Manchester United draws West Ham
Apr 17, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
It’s time to talk about that Van Persie goal.
Apr 17, 2013, 6:55 PM EDT
There was no derby feel to Chelsea’s lopsided win at Craven Cottage.
Apr 17, 2013, 5:59 PM EDT
They were the better side, but when the final whistle blew at Eastlands, Wigan were left empty-handed.
More Top Posts
- Huge cost of World Cups: Did we need a protest like Brazil’s to point out the obvious? 9
- Early returns from England’s offseason tell a tale of two Manchesters 0
- This André Villas-Boas to Paris Saint-Germain link makes more sense by the day 2
- Three good questions for Clint Dempsey – Part III: Shunning complacency, and his second season at Tottenham Hotspur 2
- Three good questions for Clint Dempsey – Part II: London calling 1
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public