2022 FIFA World Cup
Feb 24, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
A November/December World Cup would force a long stoppage in domestic play, something Premier League executives are very upset about.
Nov 7, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
While the report doesn’t say that workers are building World Cup stadia, it does deepen previous reports of civil rights issues in Qatar.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
The proposed moves would leave only 10 days prep time before the World Cup began, and would also alter the UEFA Champions League schedule.
Jun 1, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
FIFA president Jim Boyce says evidence of bribery should prompt the organization to vote again on who will host the 2022 World Cup.
May 16, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
The FIFA president admits a mistake was made in awarding the 2022 World Cup to Qatar – but his reasoning may surprise you.
Apr 21, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
MLSSoccer.com reports that the last time a World Cup was played at eight or less venues was in Argentina for the 1978 tournament.
Sep 9, 2013, 11:53 PM EDT
FIFA’s president became the latest person to use “mistake” in reference to Qatar 2022, though a solution to the climate problem seems close.
Sep 9, 2013, 4:40 PM EDT
FIFA’s new anti-discrimination taskforce will ask the broader body to turn up the heat.
Aug 25, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
A schedule shift for 2022 is coming. As is the fight over it.
Jul 24, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Another prominent FIFA figure has spoken out against Qatar 2022, though he may have gone a little too far.
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 4
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0