2022 FIFA World Cup
Nov 7, 2014, 3:42 PM EST
While the report doesn’t say that workers are building World Cup stadia, it does deepen previous reports of civil rights issues in Qatar.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
The proposed moves would leave only 10 days prep time before the World Cup began, and would also alter the UEFA Champions League schedule.
Jun 1, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
FIFA president Jim Boyce says evidence of bribery should prompt the organization to vote again on who will host the 2022 World Cup.
May 16, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
The FIFA president admits a mistake was made in awarding the 2022 World Cup to Qatar – but his reasoning may surprise you.
Apr 21, 2014, 6:36 PM EST
MLSSoccer.com reports that the last time a World Cup was played at eight or less venues was in Argentina for the 1978 tournament.
Sep 9, 2013, 11:53 PM EST
FIFA’s president became the latest person to use “mistake” in reference to Qatar 2022, though a solution to the climate problem seems close.
Sep 9, 2013, 4:40 PM EST
FIFA’s new anti-discrimination taskforce will ask the broader body to turn up the heat.
Aug 25, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
A schedule shift for 2022 is coming. As is the fight over it.
Jul 24, 2013, 5:35 PM EST
Another prominent FIFA figure has spoken out against Qatar 2022, though he may have gone a little too far.
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 4
- Schalke 0-5 Chelsea: Blues with an untouchable performance against old boss 0
- Lionel Messi breaks Raul’s record for Champions League goals (video) 0