2022 FIFA World Cup
Nov 7, 2014, 3:42 PM EST
While the report doesn’t say that workers are building World Cup stadia, it does deepen previous reports of civil rights issues in Qatar.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
The proposed moves would leave only 10 days prep time before the World Cup began, and would also alter the UEFA Champions League schedule.
Jun 1, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
FIFA president Jim Boyce says evidence of bribery should prompt the organization to vote again on who will host the 2022 World Cup.
May 16, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
The FIFA president admits a mistake was made in awarding the 2022 World Cup to Qatar – but his reasoning may surprise you.
Apr 21, 2014, 6:36 PM EST
MLSSoccer.com reports that the last time a World Cup was played at eight or less venues was in Argentina for the 1978 tournament.
Sep 9, 2013, 11:53 PM EST
FIFA’s president became the latest person to use “mistake” in reference to Qatar 2022, though a solution to the climate problem seems close.
Sep 9, 2013, 4:40 PM EST
FIFA’s new anti-discrimination taskforce will ask the broader body to turn up the heat.
Aug 25, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
A schedule shift for 2022 is coming. As is the fight over it.
Jul 24, 2013, 5:35 PM EST
Another prominent FIFA figure has spoken out against Qatar 2022, though he may have gone a little too far.
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0