2022 World Cup
Feb 16, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
On the heels of a human rights report counting the death toll at 400 immigrant workers already, there may be some grumblings within FIFA to move the venue before it’s too late.
Jan 14, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Blatter believes a compromise can be found, as tensions rise across FIFA’s exec. committee:
Nov 17, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
Among other abuses, 90 percent of Qatar’s 1.35 million foreign workers have their passports withheld by employers.
Sep 19, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
54 European football federations have agreed it would be “impossible” to stage the 2022 World Cup in Qatar during the summer.
Sep 17, 2013, 8:17 PM EDT
Shocking news, more people are angry at FIFA for moving the 2022 World Cup to the winter. Especially when there’s a LOT of money involved.
Sep 9, 2013, 11:53 PM EDT
FIFA’s president became the latest person to use “mistake” in reference to Qatar 2022, though a solution to the climate problem seems close.
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 0
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season
- What Moyes Really Meant by Asking Fans for More Time at Man United
- Manchester United Set to Sign Record $1 Billion Sponsorship Deal with Nike
- Will Johnson: We Weren't All Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro