2022 World Cup
Feb 16, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
On the heels of a human rights report counting the death toll at 400 immigrant workers already, there may be some grumblings within FIFA to move the venue before it’s too late.
Jan 14, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Blatter believes a compromise can be found, as tensions rise across FIFA’s exec. committee:
Nov 17, 2013, 5:14 PM EST
Among other abuses, 90 percent of Qatar’s 1.35 million foreign workers have their passports withheld by employers.
Sep 19, 2013, 12:08 PM EST
54 European football federations have agreed it would be “impossible” to stage the 2022 World Cup in Qatar during the summer.
Sep 17, 2013, 8:17 PM EST
Shocking news, more people are angry at FIFA for moving the 2022 World Cup to the winter. Especially when there’s a LOT of money involved.
Sep 9, 2013, 11:53 PM EST
FIFA’s president became the latest person to use “mistake” in reference to Qatar 2022, though a solution to the climate problem seems close.
- PST Extra: Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Ranking the candidates for MLS’s next two expansion teams (after Don Garber’s Tuesday Q-and-A) 4
- MLS Season Preview: Ranking the top 10 midfielders 0
- U.S. Soccer confirms three-game send-off series ahead of 2014 World Cup 3
- Revs Notebook: Targeting Strikers, Imbongo's Reds & Fagundez's Left Foot
- Chicago Fire Players to Watch for in 2014
- FC Dallas Unveil 2014 Home Kit
- Eddie Johnson's Bumpy Road to Designated Player Status
- Adidas & Nike Unveil Hybrid Cleats to Change Soccer Forever
- Preview: Sporting KC at Seattle Sounders FC
- Chelsea Face Stiff Test When Tottenham Visit the Bridge
- Egyptian Player Banned for Using 'Sisi' Sign
- Houston Dynamo Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season
- Vancouver Whitecaps: Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season