Archives › Croatia national team
Jun 18, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
Spain’s dalliance with third place drops their group stage grade, while Italy got everything they wanted out of Group C’s mini-tournament.
Jun 18, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
On a day that tested our attention span, Spain and Italy advanced from Group C into the Euro 2012 quarterfinals.
Jun 18, 2012, 12:27 AM EDT
Spain picked apart a slow Ireland on Thursday. Against a Croatia central defense that has struggled all tournament, the defending champions may be in for another lopsided result.
Jun 14, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
Spain made their case to be considered tournament favorites, a case that rests on the shoulders of Fernando Torres.
Jun 14, 2012, 8:08 PM EDT
The tournament’s most lopsided matchup played out as expected while Italy’s second draw leaves them needing in third place after two rounds.
Jun 14, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
A game of two halves ended in a 1-1 draw, leaving Croatia on top of Group C and temporarily taking the Italians’ destiny out of their own hands.
Jun 14, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
Italy and Croatia play Group C’s pivot game while defending champions Spain take on underdog Ireland in Thursday’s Euro 2012 action.
Jun 14, 2012, 2:23 AM EDT
Italy has never defeated Croatia, but given the break the new Azzurri has made with its history, the past means even less than usual.
Jun 10, 2012, 8:22 PM EDT
Save the questions about Spain for later. For one day, let’s pause and give Italy credit. How far can the Azzurri go, if they can replicate Sunday’s performance?
Jun 10, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Spain should look at their Italy result as a polite wake up call, while the theme of problems in central defense continued into Group C’s first day.
Jun 10, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
Croatia put on a Russia-esque display of attacking prowess, putting up three goals in less than 50 minutes to take their opening round game with Ireland.
Jun 10, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Spain’s quest for a third-straight major title starts against Italy, while Ireland and Croatia try to position themselves to take the group’s second quarterfinal spot from the Italians.
Jun 10, 2012, 2:28 AM EDT
Spain’s title defense starts here against the four-time world champions. There is, however, a second game on Sunday.
May 30, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
Today we examine the foursome of Group C; Can Croatian playmaker Luka Modric re-discover the spicy form that sent him soaring in world soccer during the breakthrough 2008 European Championship?
- Huge cost of World Cups: Did we need a protest like Brazil’s to point out the obvious? 2
- Early returns from England’s offseason tell a tale of two Manchesters 0
- This André Villas-Boas to Paris Saint-Germain link makes more sense by the day 0
- Three good questions for Clint Dempsey – Part III: Shunning complacency, and his second season at Tottenham Hotspur 2
- Three good questions for Clint Dempsey – Part II: London calling 1
- Criticism, negativity may leave Seattle with few rewards for their hosting efforts (20)
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public