Nov 20, 2013, 5:59 PM EST
“Back in my day,” players would just play. In the present, there’s no reason not to move forward with this product.
Nov 17, 2013, 5:14 PM EST
Among other abuses, 90 percent of Qatar’s 1.35 million foreign workers have their passports withheld by employers.
Nov 6, 2013, 1:55 PM EST
Huge soccer conference cancelled, as fears of safety issues in Brazil increase:
Oct 27, 2013, 9:27 AM EST
FIFA president Sepp Blatter has gone on record saying he would like much harsher punishments for racial abuse of players.
Oct 25, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
New film sees Tim Roth star as Blatter… while FIFA’s president was also busy dishing out tremendous quotes at Oxford University today:
Oct 24, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
FIFA’s International Football Association Board held its annual business meeting in Zurich on Thursday.
Oct 14, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
Why Major League Soccer shouldn’t switch to a European-esque calendar anytime soon:
Oct 12, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
English players are playing less than a third of the Premier League minutes. But is a cap on foreign players really an answer to England’s woes?
Oct 10, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
GoalControl, the same company that provided the service at the Confederations Cup, will be in charge for the Club World Cup as well.
Jack Wilshere, Kevin Pietersen, and national identity: Some issues just aren’t in an athlete’s domain
Oct 9, 2013, 10:24 PM EST
Nobody expects an athlete to be a scholar. So why do we care about Jack Wilshere’s views on English identity?
Oct 3, 2013, 8:15 PM EST
Iraq has only played two matches on home soil in the past three years, playing most of its “home” games in Doha, Qatar, since the 1980s.
European commitments see United States name 25-woman squad for friendlies against Australia, New Zealand
Oct 1, 2013, 3:13 PM EST
Six European-based players will miss the U.S. first October friendly as Tom Sermanni’s team opts for a flexible approach.
Sep 27, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
As reports suggest almost 1 million migrants are flocking to Qatar to help build facilities for 2022 World Cup, many could die in “appalling labor abuses”:
Sep 17, 2013, 8:17 PM EST
Shocking news, more people are angry at FIFA for moving the 2022 World Cup to the winter. Especially when there’s a LOT of money involved.
Sep 9, 2013, 11:53 PM EST
FIFA’s president became the latest person to use “mistake” in reference to Qatar 2022, though a solution to the climate problem seems close.
Sep 9, 2013, 4:40 PM EST
FIFA’s new anti-discrimination taskforce will ask the broader body to turn up the heat.
Aug 25, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
A schedule shift for 2022 is coming. As is the fight over it.
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: Sunderland and Everton to upset odds 0
- Kyle Martino chats Andre Villas-Boas drama and Premier League parity 0
- Mike Magee Wins 2013 MLS Most Valuable Player Award 3
- USA fear toughest ever World Cup draw but relish chance to make history 2
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Everything you need to know 2
- Premier League Playback: Moyes needs more, Suarez is Superman, Altidore (finally) off the mark 1
- The Benny Feilhaber Conundrum: Has Peter Vermes finally solved the puzzle? 1
- Real Salt Lake’s 2013: The not-so-rebuilding year that could end in an MLS title 1
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (20)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (20)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (18)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (16)