Archives › France national team
Jun 26, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Somewhere between group stage and the quarterfinals, we decided to take a stand against Spain, which served as a distraction from Euro 2012′s downturn in quality.
Jun 23, 2012, 4:52 PM EDT
A late penalty kick helped Spain avoid another knockout round 1-0, downing France on their way to Euro 2012′s semifinals.
Jun 22, 2012, 7:34 PM EDT
Spain’s question for a second consecutive European title restarts on Saturday, with a young French team asked to make a big turnaround after Monday’s loss to Sweden.
Jun 19, 2012, 8:56 PM EDT
England has exceeded all expectations, while France finds itself in need of reflection as Group D’s final day closes the book on group play.
Jun 19, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
England is through as group winners, giving us all a lesson about hatching French chickens. Now, Euro 2012 pushes on to its quarterfinals … without both of its co-hosts.
Jun 18, 2012, 10:13 PM EDT
France looks to clinch first place in Group D while Sweden tried to find some pride to play for as Euro 2012′s group stage comes to a close.
Jun 16, 2012, 12:22 AM EDT
France made their claim as the best team in Group D, but in dispatching Sweden on Friday, England asserted themselves as quarterfinal material.
Jun 15, 2012, 11:18 PM EDT
France and England sit top of Group D on a day when the weather in Donetsk took center stage, temporary calling a halt to Euro 2012.
Jun 15, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
France scored two goals early in the second half against Ukraine as a weather-delay early match ended with Les Bleus claiming full points.
Jun 15, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Group D concludes the second round of round robin play at Euro 2012 when Ukraine hosts France ahead of England meeting with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Sweden.
Jun 15, 2012, 1:56 AM EDT
Ukraine was picked to disappoint in Group B, but if thinks break right on Friday, the co-hosts could have Group D locked up after two rounds.
Jun 11, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Group D showed itself to be Euro 2012′s most competitive group, making it difficult to tournament favorites and the competition’s best players to distinguish themselves.
Jun 11, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
A Ukrainian legend got his team’s tournament off to a perfect start, with England got their sought-after draw against Group D’s favorites.
Jun 11, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
England took an early lead, ultimately holding on for the draw they targeted coming into the match. Whether their approach is viable for the rest of the tournament will be the talking point going forward.
Jun 11, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
England starts their Euro 2012 against France, while The Zlatan arrives in Kiev to take on co-hosts Ukraine. It’s Group D’s first day, and we’ve got your updates:
Jun 11, 2012, 12:48 AM EDT
The first match is finally here for England, who endured a chaotic pre-tournament built up. Their first opponent, France, knows a thing or two about chaos.
May 31, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Their disaster in South Africa was only two years ago, but thanks to the work of Laurent Blanc, World Cup 2010 is ancient history for the French national team.
- Official: Neymar to join Barcelona 1
- Bayern Munich – Borussia Dortmund: The tactics and the game’s shifting momentum 0
- Bayern Munich 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Robben the hero, Bayern crowned Champions League winners 4
- Two last points on the Robbie Rogers trade news 2
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers (14)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?