Archives › Greece national team
Jun 26, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Somewhere between group stage and the quarterfinals, we decided to take a stand against Spain, which served as a distraction from Euro 2012′s downturn in quality.
Jun 22, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
Germany shook off their late match yips to pull away from Greece and into the Euro 2012 semifinals, where they wait the winner of England-Italy.
Jun 21, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Greece is trying to write another Cinderella story against a German team too young to know the lessons of 2004.
Jun 16, 2012, 9:44 PM EDT
Greece’s victory over Russia serve as a reminder: Tournament soccer is a very unique beast.
Jun 16, 2012, 3:38 AM EDT
Russia’s clearly been the best team in Group A. Greece? It’s worst, but if the former champions pull an upset on Saturday, they will advance, potentially at the expense of the Russians.
Jun 12, 2012, 9:13 PM EDT
Russia remains the class of Group A, and while the Czech Republic’s vaulted into second, the co-hosts still have the look of quarterfinalists.
Jun 12, 2012, 7:58 PM EDT
Wide play continues to be a major factor at Euro 2012, while attrition is set to become a factor during the last week of group play.
Jun 12, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
Two goals in six minutes sealed this match for the Czech Republic, who are one win away from Euro 2012′s quarterfinals.
Jun 12, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
The Czechs are on the brink of elimination as Euro 2012 opens its second round of group games, with Czech Republic-Greece the lead in for Poland-Russia.
Jun 12, 2012, 12:23 AM EDT
Two teams going in different directions kick off the season round of group play, with a Czech Republic loss will see Euro 2012′s first casualty.
Jun 8, 2012, 6:47 PM EDT
Recapping the opening day of play in Group A: Team of the day; what we’ll remember; three lessons to take home; “power” rankings and “more powerful” rankings.
Jun 8, 2012, 2:11 PM EDT
Poland let an opening match win slip through their hands as Greece, at one point down a man, stormed back in the second half to earn an opening day point.
Jun 8, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
It’s really, actually here. Euro 2012 kicks off today in Poland with the co-hosts facing Greece ahed fo Russia’s meeting with the Czech Republic.
May 28, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Greece shocked the world when they won Euro 2004, but instead of building a legacy, the former European Champions have built a reputation for stodgy soccer.
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 1
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 5
- Premier League managerial pair blast squad and referee following final match 0
- VIDEOS: A brief history of recent “Olimpico” goals in MLS 3
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 7
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago