Archives › Italy national team
Jul 1, 2012, 5:03 PM EDT
Spain silenced all complaints, giving a resounding performance en route to their third-straight major competition title, routing Italy in Kiev to claim Euro 2012.
Jul 1, 2012, 4:48 AM EDT
Spain was picked to be in Sunday’s final, but although Italy has made a surprise run to Kiev, the Azzurri could prove the defending champions’ most difficult obstacle to three consecutive major titles.
Jul 1, 2012, 1:30 AM EDT
Italy’s run to Sunday’s final had shown winning isn’t everything, while Germany’s fall forces us to consider our own mistakes.
Jun 30, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
The winners will have another day in the spotlight. Reflecting back on the semifinals is all about the losers’ what ifs.
Jun 28, 2012, 5:18 PM EDT
Italy knocked out on of the pre-tournament favorites with a masterful display in Warsaw, again sending Germany home from a major international competition.
Jun 27, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
Germany hopes for a long-awaited major competition victory over Italy, who’ll need only one German error to derail the promising young squad’s world soccer ascension.
Jun 26, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Euro 2012′s semifinals start tomorrow, with underdogs Portugal, Italy trying to prevent an anticipated meeting of pre-tournament favorites.
Jun 26, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Somewhere between group stage and the quarterfinals, we decided to take a stand against Spain, which served as a distraction from Euro 2012′s downturn in quality.
Jun 24, 2012, 5:55 PM EDT
A promising match descended into the expected waiting game, with Euro 2012′s last quarterfinal settled from the spot.
Jun 23, 2012, 11:28 PM EDT
The stylistic pairing may be a turnoff, but there’s enough prestige and legacy at play on Sunday to make England-Italy one of the tournament’s most attractive matches.
Jun 18, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
Spain’s dalliance with third place drops their group stage grade, while Italy got everything they wanted out of Group C’s mini-tournament.
Jun 18, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
On a day that tested our attention span, Spain and Italy advanced from Group C into the Euro 2012 quarterfinals.
Jun 18, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Italy are through to the quarterfinals after their lackluster 2-0 victory over Ireland left the Irish matching an ignominious tournament record.
Jun 18, 2012, 3:15 AM EDT
Italy needs a win over Ireland to have a chance to advance, but winless against the Irish since Giovanni Trapattoni took over, the Azzurri may not find three points so easy to come by.
Jun 14, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
Spain made their case to be considered tournament favorites, a case that rests on the shoulders of Fernando Torres.
Jun 14, 2012, 8:08 PM EDT
The tournament’s most lopsided matchup played out as expected while Italy’s second draw leaves them needing in third place after two rounds.
Jun 14, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
A game of two halves ended in a 1-1 draw, leaving Croatia on top of Group C and temporarily taking the Italians’ destiny out of their own hands.
Jun 14, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
Italy and Croatia play Group C’s pivot game while defending champions Spain take on underdog Ireland in Thursday’s Euro 2012 action.
Jun 14, 2012, 2:23 AM EDT
Italy has never defeated Croatia, but given the break the new Azzurri has made with its history, the past means even less than usual.
Jun 10, 2012, 8:22 PM EDT
Save the questions about Spain for later. For one day, let’s pause and give Italy credit. How far can the Azzurri go, if they can replicate Sunday’s performance?
Jun 10, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Spain should look at their Italy result as a polite wake up call, while the theme of problems in central defense continued into Group C’s first day.
Jun 10, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
Italy gave Spain a scare, but with Cesc Fabregas’ quick response to Antonio Di Natale’s opener, the holders were able to preserve a result in Group C’s opening match.
Jun 10, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Spain’s quest for a third-straight major title starts against Italy, while Ireland and Croatia try to position themselves to take the group’s second quarterfinal spot from the Italians.
Jun 10, 2012, 2:28 AM EDT
Spain’s title defense starts here against the four-time world champions. There is, however, a second game on Sunday.
Jun 5, 2012, 5:52 PM EDT
Daniele de Rossi could start in central defense for Italy against Spain, which is nowhere near as weird as I’d like to make it sound.
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market 12
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. 28
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? 7
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 2
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 6
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (28)
- Portland ball kid correct to deny Mario de Luna (12)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (12)
- More on Landon Donovan and the U.S. national team roster (11)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- Play Video: Premier League drama set to thrill
- Play Video: Premier League: Real English drama
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team