Feb 21, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Ahead of their March 5 friendly with Nigeria, Miguel Herrera has expressed Mexico’s biggest goal in the World Cup: to take down the host nation.
Feb 13, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
The match will take place out of the international window, so expect Michael Bradley and his fellow MLS peers to mix it up with Mexico (as well as a selection of Liga MX Yanks).
Jan 30, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT
The young Mexican star had three goals Wednesday against South Korea:
Jan 23, 2014, 1:59 PM EDT
“We’re the only G-8 nation to not host the World Cup,” said CSA president Victor Montagliani. “We’ve hosted almost every other event .. I think it’s time for Canada to step up to the plate.”
Jan 5, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
There was no transition period for the Águilas, who posted the weekend’s most-lopsided result.
Dec 22, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
Cruz Azul announced the signings. Major League Soccer hasn’t acknowledged them. How did three MLS players wind up in Mexico?
Dec 16, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
But not as a player … and what a relief that is to most U.S. Soccer fans:
Dec 14, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
The Mexican side traveled 24 hours … only to fall out after 120 minutes of FIFA Club World Cup action:
Dec 6, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
It’ll take a lot of work for any of CONCACAF’s four teams to find their way out of group play at the 2014 World Cup, though for some it will be easier than others.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Here’s a trio of headlines guaranteed to turn the world’s eyes come June.
Dec 2, 2013, 12:50 AM EDT
The Aguilas came in as the one-seed but reach the semifinals having barely survived a 10-man Tigres.
Report: Coaching shuffle could see ex-Tijuana boss Mohamed at Club América, Herrera with Mexico’s permanent job
Nov 20, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
Piece may be falling into place for Herrera’s eventual move to El Tri’s permanent post.
Nightmare finally over: Mexico cruises in New Zealand, becomes the 31st team to qualify for 2014 World Cup
Nov 20, 2013, 3:12 AM EDT
The home-based crew has proved more willing to fight than the superstars they replaced, a fight that’s qualified Mexico for another World Cup.
Miguel Herrera staying focused, saying all the right things ahead of Mexico’s second leg with New Zealand
Nov 15, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
Mexico’s interim coach refused to look forward to Club América’s upcoming Liguilla challenge.
Nov 13, 2013, 6:44 PM EDT
World Cup isn’t about having the 32 best teams. It’s about finding the best representation.
Nov 13, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
Seven Aguilas were in Miguel Herrera’s starting lineup as El Tri took a huge step toward Brazil 2014
Nov 5, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
This is why the Mexican international wasn’t called in for his country’s critical playoff series for a World Cup spot:
- Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney muses on captaincies, laments Liverpool’s strong season 0
- Southampton name former Edmonton Oilers coach its new chairman 0
- Robben and Wenger have war of words in latest Champions League diving debate 0
- Arsenal’s Ozil out for “at least a few weeks” after injury in Champions League 0
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 1 0
- Disappointing Opener for the Chicago Fire
- Liverpool says Pepe Reina can Leave Permanently for Four Million Pounds
- Sporting KC Sign Antonio Dovale
- Cruz Azul Ready to Continue Good Form in CONCACAF
- Escalada's Brace Against Leon Puts Emelec at Top in Libertadores Cup
- Galaxy Know Home Cooking is key to Beating Tijuana
- Santos Waste Away Advantage Against Venezuelan Minnows in Libertadores Cup
- Earthquakes' Alan Gordon's 95th Minute Equalizer Sets 1-1 Draw vs Toluca
- Sporting Ready for Champions League Test
- Kaká Becomes First Brazilian to Reach 30 Goals in the Champions League