Archives › Netherlands national team
Jun 17, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Germany cruised through Group B with a perfect record, but a revitalized Portugal was the story of Euro 2012′s Group of Death.
Jun 17, 2012, 7:48 PM EDT
Germany and Portugal are on to the quarterfinals, while the Netherlands are left to wonder what they’ve gained by deviating from the legacy of Total Football.
Jun 17, 2012, 3:48 AM EDT
For better of worse, the Netherlands’ nightmare ends today, with Portugal’s best player, Nani, likely to have something to saw about it.
Jun 13, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
Germany is clearly Euro 2012′s best team, but with the competition playing catch up, the favorites must continue to improve is they’re to claim their first major title since 1996.
Jun 13, 2012, 8:23 PM EDT
Germany dominates Wednesday’s Team of the Day, a day that may end a short chapter in Dutch soccer history.
Jun 13, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Two Mario Gomez goals leave the Dutch on a wing and a prayer after losing 2-1 to Germany on Wednesday.
Jun 13, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
It might be the best day of Euro 2012′s group stage. Portugal and Denmark pick up where they left off in qualifying, which northern Europe rivals Germany and Netherlands meet with Dutch backs to the wall.
Jun 13, 2012, 3:13 AM EDT
One of the world’s great soccer rivalries is rekindled on Wednesday, with the Netherlands needing a win over Germany to keep a quarterfinal spot in focus.
Jun 9, 2012, 7:41 PM EDT
Think the Netherlands’ loss was only one game? Perhaps, but with Germany up next and one tiebreaker out of their hands, it’s a very tough road to the quarterfinals.
Jun 9, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
The first major upset saw a flat, tiring but still dominant Dutch pushed to the brink after Denmark grabbed an opening match victory.
Jun 9, 2012, 11:23 AM EDT
The Netherlands start their Euro 2012 against Denmark while a young Germany team get their chance to show if expectations are well-placed when they take on Portugal. Here’s the live thread.
Jun 9, 2012, 2:28 AM EDT
Is it the Group of Death? Who knows, though there’s little doubt Group B is the most anticipated of Euro 2012.
Jun 2, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Last weekend’s pre-Euro 2012 friendlies saw a handful qualified teams walk through some mildly interesting matches. This weekend, the results were noticeably better.
May 29, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
Today we’re examining the four teams from Group B; Holland is a second-tier tournament favorite, but a side that could leave a mark thanks to special talents like Robin van Persie.
May 26, 2012, 5:16 PM EDT
Spain were convincing with a second choice lineup, while fellow Euro 2012 favorites Germany and the Netherlands were dealt Saturday losses.
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 8
- Claudio Reyna announced as New York City FC Director of Football 0
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC 9
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (17)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Landon Donovan and a Gold Cup squeeze? He deserves better (9)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger