Archives › Portugal national team
Jul 1, 2012, 1:30 AM EDT
Italy’s run to Sunday’s final had shown winning isn’t everything, while Germany’s fall forces us to consider our own mistakes.
Jun 30, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
The winners will have another day in the spotlight. Reflecting back on the semifinals is all about the losers’ what ifs.
Jun 27, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
The defending champions are through after a scoreless game was settled by penalties, Cesc Fabregas sending Spain into Sunday’s Euro 2012 final.
Jun 26, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Euro 2012′s semifinals start tomorrow, with underdogs Portugal, Italy trying to prevent an anticipated meeting of pre-tournament favorites.
Jun 26, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Somewhere between group stage and the quarterfinals, we decided to take a stand against Spain, which served as a distraction from Euro 2012′s downturn in quality.
Jun 21, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Cristiano Ronaldo’s late goal has pushed Portugal into Euro 2012′s quarterfinals and the Czech Republic out of the tournament.
Jun 21, 2012, 12:28 AM EDT
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Sunday awakening has put the Czech Republic on alert, but finding their own attack may prove a bigger problem for Group A’s winners.
Jun 17, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Germany cruised through Group B with a perfect record, but a revitalized Portugal was the story of Euro 2012′s Group of Death.
Jun 17, 2012, 7:48 PM EDT
Germany and Portugal are on to the quarterfinals, while the Netherlands are left to wonder what they’ve gained by deviating from the legacy of Total Football.
Jun 17, 2012, 3:48 AM EDT
For better of worse, the Netherlands’ nightmare ends today, with Portugal’s best player, Nani, likely to have something to saw about it.
Jun 16, 2012, 11:24 PM EDT
Wherein we hand out our Group A grades and look into the quarterfinal future for the Czech Republic and Greece.
Jun 13, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
Germany is clearly Euro 2012′s best team, but with the competition playing catch up, the favorites must continue to improve is they’re to claim their first major title since 1996.
Jun 13, 2012, 8:23 PM EDT
Germany dominates Wednesday’s Team of the Day, a day that may end a short chapter in Dutch soccer history.
Jun 13, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Portugal needed a late goal after conceded a two goal lead, with Denmark failing to build on their Saturday upset of the Dutch.
Jun 13, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
It might be the best day of Euro 2012′s group stage. Portugal and Denmark pick up where they left off in qualifying, which northern Europe rivals Germany and Netherlands meet with Dutch backs to the wall.
Jun 13, 2012, 1:29 AM EDT
Portugal is a world power, while Denmark is a scrappy team that’s just trying to pick off points from in a group of death … Wrong.
Jun 9, 2012, 7:41 PM EDT
Think the Netherlands’ loss was only one game? Perhaps, but with Germany up next and one tiebreaker out of their hands, it’s a very tough road to the quarterfinals.
Jun 9, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
A late goal from Mario Gomez gave Germany three points in their opener, but Portugal gave the favorites plenty of reason to think there’s still room for improvement.
Jun 9, 2012, 11:23 AM EDT
The Netherlands start their Euro 2012 against Denmark while a young Germany team get their chance to show if expectations are well-placed when they take on Portugal. Here’s the live thread.
Jun 9, 2012, 2:28 AM EDT
Is it the Group of Death? Who knows, though there’s little doubt Group B is the most anticipated of Euro 2012.
May 29, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Today we’re examining the four teams from Group B; this may be the most difficult group, but any team with Cristiano Ronaldo certainly has a shot.
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market 12
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. 34
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? 7
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 2
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 6
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (34)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (13)
- Portland ball kid correct to deny Mario de Luna (12)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (12)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- Play Video: Premier League drama set to thrill
- Play Video: Premier League: Real English drama
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team