Feb 16, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
On the heels of a human rights report counting the death toll at 400 immigrant workers already, there may be some grumblings within FIFA to move the venue before it’s too late.
Nov 17, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
Among other abuses, 90 percent of Qatar’s 1.35 million foreign workers have their passports withheld by employers.
Sep 27, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
As reports suggest almost 1 million migrants are flocking to Qatar to help build facilities for 2022 World Cup, many could die in “appalling labor abuses”:
Sep 17, 2013, 8:17 PM EDT
Shocking news, more people are angry at FIFA for moving the 2022 World Cup to the winter. Especially when there’s a LOT of money involved.
Sep 9, 2013, 11:53 PM EDT
FIFA’s president became the latest person to use “mistake” in reference to Qatar 2022, though a solution to the climate problem seems close.
Sep 9, 2013, 4:40 PM EDT
FIFA’s new anti-discrimination taskforce will ask the broader body to turn up the heat.
Aug 25, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
A schedule shift for 2022 is coming. As is the fight over it.
Jul 30, 2013, 7:25 PM EDT
Chucho’s death still sinking in, as people across the globe struggle to come to terms with his passing.
Jul 24, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Another prominent FIFA figure has spoken out against Qatar 2022, though he may have gone a little too far.
Jul 14, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Qatar is set to purchase 118 Leopard tanks and 16 tank howitzers from Germany in preparation for hosting the 2022 World Cup.
Jul 9, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
It took $15 million to get him, but Qatar’s third place finishers nabbed one of Mexico’s best players.
Mar 19, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Despite the Premier League’s hardline opposition to the prospect of playing the 2022 World Cup in Qatar over the winter, league chairman Sir Dave Richards suggested on Tuesday that the Premiership would likely come around to the idea.
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 1 0
- Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem about to jump off the U.S. Soccer radar 6
- Stuart Holden out for 6-9 months, as serious injury hits U.S. international once again 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s failed UEFA Champions League campaign 1
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 1
- Two from Diego Costa help Atlético Madrid cruise past Milan in Champions League, 4-1 (5-1, agg.) 0
- Disappointing Opener for the Chicago Fire
- Liverpool says Pepe Reina can Leave Permanently for Four Million Pounds
- Sporting KC Sign Antonio Dovale
- Cruz Azul Ready to Continue Good Form in CONCACAF
- Escalada's Brace Against Leon Puts Emelec at Top in Libertadores Cup
- Galaxy Know Home Cooking is key to Beating Tijuana
- Santos Waste Away Advantage Against Venezuelan Minnows in Libertadores Cup
- Earthquakes' Alan Gordon's 95th Minute Equalizer Sets 1-1 Draw vs Toluca
- Sporting Ready for Champions League Test
- Kaká Becomes First Brazilian to Reach 30 Goals in the Champions League