Archives › Russia national team
Jul 16, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Fabio Capello’s set for another big payday in the international game, with the Russian Football Union confirming the former England boss will take over the Russian national team.
Jun 16, 2012, 11:24 PM EDT
Wherein we hand out our Group A grades and look into the quarterfinal future for the Czech Republic and Greece.
Jun 16, 2012, 9:44 PM EDT
Greece’s victory over Russia serve as a reminder: Tournament soccer is a very unique beast.
Jun 16, 2012, 3:38 AM EDT
Russia’s clearly been the best team in Group A. Greece? It’s worst, but if the former champions pull an upset on Saturday, they will advance, potentially at the expense of the Russians.
Jun 12, 2012, 9:13 PM EDT
Russia remains the class of Group A, and while the Czech Republic’s vaulted into second, the co-hosts still have the look of quarterfinalists.
Jun 12, 2012, 7:58 PM EDT
Wide play continues to be a major factor at Euro 2012, while attrition is set to become a factor during the last week of group play.
Jun 12, 2012, 5:16 PM EDT
A second half equalizer sets up a win-and-in Saturday for Poland, who drew with group-leading Russia on Euro 2012 Tuesday.
Jun 12, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
The Czechs are on the brink of elimination as Euro 2012 opens its second round of group games, with Czech Republic-Greece the lead in for Poland-Russia.
Jun 12, 2012, 2:24 AM EDT
In Tuesday’s second game, Russia looks to build on last week’s dominance while Poland fights to keep their quarterfinal destiny under their control.
Jun 8, 2012, 6:47 PM EDT
Recapping the opening day of play in Group A: Team of the day; what we’ll remember; three lessons to take home; “power” rankings and “more powerful” rankings.
Jun 8, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
Russia turned back the clock to 2008 with a rousing performance in Wroclaw, routing the Czech Republic to open their Group A account.
Jun 8, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
It’s really, actually here. Euro 2012 kicks off today in Poland with the co-hosts facing Greece ahed fo Russia’s meeting with the Czech Republic.
May 28, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Russia knocked out the Netherlands in route to a semifinal appearance in 2008, and after failing to qualify for the 2010 World Cup, Andrei Arshavin and company have started to regain their swagger ahead of Euro 2012.
- Gareth Bale set to resign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? 0
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 1
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 5
- Premier League managerial pair blast squad and referee following final match 0
- VIDEOS: A brief history of recent “Olimpico” goals in MLS 3
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Premier League drama set to thrill
- Play Video: Premier League: Real English drama
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team