Nov 29, 2013, 11:10 AM EST
Traveling to Birmingham to ask the question…why should an American become an Aston Villa supporter?
Nov 21, 2013, 3:57 PM EST
Stack the probabilities, and the chances of the U.S. being draw into THE Group of ***** aren’t so intimidating.
Nightmare finally over: Mexico cruises in New Zealand, becomes the 31st team to qualify for 2014 World Cup
Nov 20, 2013, 3:12 AM EST
The home-based crew has proved more willing to fight than the superstars they replaced, a fight that’s qualified Mexico for another World Cup.
Nov 15, 2013, 2:25 PM EST
We’re less than an hour away from the USMNT taking on Scotland in Glasgow. Have a look at the lineups.
Oct 26, 2013, 10:29 AM EST
The American goalkeeper did well to save a spot-kick from Aston Villa’s Christian Benteke, keeping his Everton side level.
Oct 11, 2013, 7:30 AM EST
A brief overview of World Cup qualification across the four confederations with countries still battling it out for a ticket to Brazil.
Oct 6, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
134. That’s the number at the bottom of Donovan’s career goal-scoring column. One more, and he stands alone.
Sep 22, 2013, 8:18 PM EST
On a weekend that saw a pronounced spike in goals, here are the round’s best stops:
Sep 11, 2013, 10:08 PM EST
Landon Donovan calls in to the Dan Patrick Show Wednesday morning from the Columbus airport.
Sep 11, 2013, 9:21 PM EST
Twenty by 2015, 24 by 2020, and according to the MLS commissioner, most of those new slots are already filled.
Sep 9, 2013, 11:53 PM EST
FIFA’s president became the latest person to use “mistake” in reference to Qatar 2022, though a solution to the climate problem seems close.
Sep 5, 2013, 12:06 AM EST
Fit enough to play for club but not for country, Lori Chalupny hasn’t appeared for the U.S. in four years.
Sep 4, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
He saw himself as a midfielder. He made his name in central defense. Now, Geoff Cameron’s had to take on another role.
Aug 24, 2013, 1:46 AM EST
Goals, saves, tosses, and invisible stops? As we start the new week, we look back at the last one.
Aug 19, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
Check out which Premier League player decided to catch the action from first row and inadvertently became this week’s Spot of the Week.
Aug 17, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Brad Guzan picked up where he left off with Aston Villa last season, displaying amazing acrobatics to mop up his side’s defensive mistakes. His heroics with his club demonstrate why he should be first choice for his country.
Aug 14, 2013, 2:43 PM EST
The 20-year-old German-born defender gets his first senior cap in Sarajevo.
Aug 12, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
A day in New York included eight media commitments for Major League Soccer’s returning star.
Aug 12, 2013, 11:22 AM EST
The 23 man roster for Wednesday has been announced, and it’s a solid one.
Aug 11, 2013, 5:07 PM EST
Dinamo lost the match, but they won international attention with their supporters’ pre-game efforts.
- USA fear toughest ever World Cup draw but relish chance to make history 0
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Everything you need to know 2
- Premier League Playback: Moyes needs more, Suarez is Superman, Altidore (finally) off the mark 1
- The Benny Feilhaber Conundrum: Has Peter Vermes finally solved the puzzle? 1
- Real Salt Lake’s 2013: The not-so-rebuilding year that could end in an MLS title 1
- Premier League Roundup: Moyes defeated in Everton reunion; top five snag wins 1
- David Moyes bemoans bad luck as former side Everton come back to haunt him 1
- West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Manchester City: Citizens address road worries with convincing performance at The Hawthorns 0
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (20)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (20)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (18)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (16)